19. januar 2017
Associate Professorship in Sociology
The Department of Sociology, Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Copenhagen, invites applications for a position as Associate Professor in Sociology. The position is available from September 1st, 2017 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Appointment as Associate Professor requires research and teaching qualifications at the level that can be achieved by satisfactorily completing a period of employment at the level of assistant professor or equivalent.
Emphasis will be put on the applicant’s qualifications in relation to
- The proven ability to consolidate a strong research profile, including publications in leading international, peer-reviewed journals, possibly supplemented with research monographs with high ranking academic publishers
- The proven ability to deliver high quality teaching
- Attracting and conducting externally funded research projects
- The ability to support the department’s ambition to strengthen its international standing and outreach through participation in international networks and international research collaboration
- Experience in research dissemination to the public and relevant stakeholders
- The ability to contribute to the development of the department’s different study programmes
General duties attached to the position as Associate Professor are:
- Research within the field of sociology.
- Teaching, supervision and examination of undergraduate, post-graduate and Ph.D students
- Administrative tasks related to the position as associate professor
- Knowledge sharing with the rest of the society
- Research and teaching management
The deadline for applications including enclosures is March 16, 2017 (at midnight 23.59 Danish Time).